Antivirus for a pc is one of the essential software, as it safeguards our computer from any virus or unwanted attacks. Avast antivirus is one of the well-known antivirus software widely used by many users to protect their machines. However, sometimes this software causes a lot of issues like interfering with some other software and all. Today, we will talk about how to delete avast antivirus software from your machine. So, without any further delay, let’s start.
How to delete Avast free antivirus
To remove the avast antivirus free version from your Windows, carefully follow the mentioned steps below.
There are two different methods for deleting the avast antivirus free version, and you can follow any of them according to your choice.
Deleting Avast antivirus via an Avast Uninstall Utility –
- Step 1: Download and install the Avast Uninstall Utility setup file software on your machine.
- Step 2– Save the Avast Uninstall Utility files in your desired location.
- Step 3– click on the avastclear.exe, which is the downloaded setup file.
- Step 4– from the dropdown menu, select the run as administrator option.
- Step 5– If any User Account Control permission is asked, continue the process, like the yes option.
- Step 6– After all these, the Avast Antivirus Utility will ask you to restart your windows in safe mode. An opportunity, Avast Antivirus Clear, will appear in a dialog box on your screen. Select yes to be processed further.
- Step 7– select yes to begin the restart process of the Windows in the safe mode.
- Step 8: After completing the restarting process, make sure to select the Avast program files’ location on your computer.
- Step 9: Now, choose the Avast Free Antivirus from the drop-down menu and click the Uninstall option.
- Step 10: After clicking on the Uninstall option, wait and allow the Avast Uninstall Utility for a few minutes to delete all Avast free antivirus files from your machine.
- Step 11: Last and final step is to restart your machine to complete the process.
Related Article: How To Turn Off Avast Free Antivirus?
Deleting Avast Antivirus through the start menu option of Windows
- Step 1: Select the Apps and Feature option from the Windows menu.
- Step 2: Check that the App and Features option is selected and visible on the left side of the screen.
- Step 3: select the Avast Free Antivirus option and click on the Uninstall button.
- Step 4: if any permission is asked from the User Account Control, click yes to continue the further steps.
- Step 5: Now click the Uninstall option when the Avast Free Antivirus setup appears on your screen.
- Step 6: click yes and wait for a few minutes to completely delete all the free avast applications from your machine.
- Step 7: To complete the whole step, restart your computer.
How to delete avast antivirus premium from windows 10 completely?
- Step 1: Select the Apps and Features option from the Windows
- Start Menu.
- Step 2: make sure that the Apps and Features option is selected and visible on the left plane of your screen.
- Step 3: Select the Avast Premium Security option and click the Uninstall option.
- Step 4: if any permission is asked from the User Account Control, click yes to the next step.
- Step 5: click on the Uninstall option when the Avast Premium Security Setup box appears on your screen.
- Step 6: To confirm that you want to delete the Avast Premium Security, click the yes option.
- Step 7: Give your machine some time to delete every Avast Premium Security file from your pc.
- Step 8: is the last and final step, where you have to reboot your machine to complete the whole process.
How to delete Avast antivirus Mac?
If you want to delete avast antivirus software from your Mac, then follow the following steps-
- Step 1: there are two approaches to access the Avast Security software interface on your Mac.
- Select the Application from the Go option in the menu bar and click twice on the Avast Symbol.
- Select the Open Avast Security option from the Avast Security symbol in your Mac menu bar.
- Step 2: Click on Avast from the left menu bar and ensure that the Avast Security is Activated.
- Step 3: After this, select Uninstall Avast Security option to delete the software.
- Step 4: A box will appear on the screen; click Uninstall to process.
- Step 5: Apply Touch ID or provide your administrator credentials if required, then click OK.
- Step 6: to completely uninstall the Avast Security from your Mac, click the Quit option.
So these were some steps that you can follow to remove Avast Antivirus from your pc