I’m going to be talking about how you can fix this hp printer error 0xc18a0206. This is a common problem with printers and I’ll go over the steps that you can take to solve it. It’s not as hard as it seems, but sometimes people get frustrated when they don’t know what to do so hopefully this blog post will help!
- Unplug the printer from the power source and turn off your computer if they are on.
- Remove any objects blocking or restricting air flow in front of the printer such as furniture, curtains, etc. Along with anything blocking access behind it such as desks, bookshelves, other electronics like televisions or computers/laptops and finally anything blocking access to the left or right of it.
- Remove any paper from inside the printer by pushing on the front door gently until it opens, grab the paper out and repeat until no more comes out.
- Turn your computer back on and plug in your printer making sure that it’s plugged in directly to a wall and not into a surge protector or power strip.
- Turn on your printer if it isn’t already on once it has booted up.
The problem: Error code 0xc18a0206 and other related errors on HP printers seems like a headache because it takes you forever to search online for a solution. The chances are that you will find many suggestions but none of them work for your printer.
The cause: This particular error code is caused by a defective cartridge, an incompatible cartridge, or a damaged printhead. In some cases, the error can also be caused by a problem with the printer’s firmware.
The solution: To resolve the problem, try to run a cartridge alignment on your printer. If this does not help, replace your old cartridge with a new one then try printing an HP toolbox print quality sheet. This action will help determine if the error is caused by either the cartridge or if it’s due to faulty hardware inside your printer.
Following these steps should help clear the error code 0xc18a0206 on your HP printer. If you are still experiencing difficulties, please consult your printer’s user manual or contact HP customer support for more assistance. Good luck
Why am I getting an error code 0xc18a0206 on my HP printer?
Error code 0xc18a0206 can be caused by a conflict between the HP printer and HP Universal Print Driver. In most cases, installing the HP Universal Print Driver will resolve this error. If you already have the HP Universal print driver installed, check for updates and install them if available. If HP printers will not work with the HP Universal print driver, you may need to install HP Printer installation or another printer. HP printers are often not recognized on HP Printer setup networks and HP Printer setup prompts for adding a HP printer. To fix HP Printer setup from switching drivers when installing HP printer software, right click the icon of HP Printer Software in your taskbar and select HP Printer Software as the running program. Thank you for using HP products!
How do I fix HP printer 0xc18a0206 Status error?
HP printer Status 0xc18a0206 HP printer status code 0xc18a0206 HP Printer Status Code
This HP printer error is a typical HP printer inkjet or laser jet printers that show the HP printer offline, HP printer not responding, HP print spooler service failure also display this HP printer status code 9.0 xxxxxxx HP printer status HP printer offline HP printer not responding HP printer spooler HP print spooler service.
Most HP printers will display the HP printer offline error when you restart your computer or turn them off, or in some cases when there’s nothing wrong with the printer but the HP printer driver needs updating. If this is what you’re seeing then HP printer status code 0xc18a0206 HP Printer Status Code HP printer offline HP printer not responding HP printer spooler
You can try to fix HP printer offline error by following the steps below:
- Check if the HP print spooler service is running.
- In Windows 7 , go to Control Panel-> Administrative Tools -> Services .
- Scroll down and look for HP Print Spooler service. If it’s not running, right-click on it and select Start .
- In Windows 8 or 10 , type services.msc in the search bar and hit Enter to open the Services window.
- Scroll down and look for HP Print Spooler service.
- If it’s not running, right-click HP printer status code 0xc18a0206 HP Printer Status Code HP printer offline HP printer not responding HP printer spooler on it and select Start .
- If the HP print spooler service is running, try to restart your computer and HP printer.
- If the HP printer status code 0xc18a0206 HP Printer Status Code HP printer offline HP printer not responding HP printer spooler still doesn’t work, you can try to update your HP printer driver.
You can find the latest HP printer drivers on HP’s website: http://www.hp.com/ .