Printing is not always simple, and you may encounter frustrating technological problems when working on it. Canon Printer Offline Error is one of the several problems that drive you insane when a print job fails to complete. Canon Printer Is Not Connected is a fairly common problem, however it is resolvable. Prior to reconnecting the Canon printer to the network, the initial user should be made aware of the numerous possible root causes of this issue.
There are several reasons why a printer may become offline. However, it is vital for the user to comprehend the root reasons of the Canon printer offline issue.
- The connection is faulty.
- A wire that is too loose or a USB cable that is too long
- The printer has been brought to a halt.
- Situation involving a paper jam
- Internet connection that is excessively slow due to an empty paper tray
- Infection with a virus or malware
- Corrupt drivers and software for printers
- Following an upgrade, printer drivers are no longer compatible with the current version of Windows.
There are a number of viable options for fixing the Canon Printer Offline Error. This blog will discuss each of these various tactics in further detail. As a result, work through the alternatives one by one and attempt to resolve the issue on your own.Take a look at the following helpful steps.
Before you do anything else, do a few simple steps. As a result, reconnect your printer to the wireless network.
- To begin, ‘Forget’ the router to disconnect it from the printer.
- After that, reconnect it to your printer. If you’re using a USB cable, connect both devices through USB.
- Alternatively, you can connect your wireless printer to your internet network via the touch screen printer’s WiFi Wizard Setup panel.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on your printer until the Wi-Fi light begins to flicker.
- Once you are certain that your printer has begun blinking a blue light, navigate to your wireless router’s WPS button.
- These steps will re-establish your printer’s wireless network connection.
Start by clicking “Start” and then typing “Control Panel” into the search area.
- Then, from the many sub-categories, select “Hardware and Sound.”
- Click “Devices and Printers” in the following window.
- Select “View the contents of the print job” from the printer’s context menu.
- Select “Printer” from the drop-down menu in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Ascertain that the checkbox “Use printer offline” is not selected. If it is checked, uncheck it and save your changes.
- Once the appropriate changes have been made, click “Cancel all documents” and reconnect your Canon printer.
Printer Spooler is in charge of all print jobs sent to the printer. Restart the Spooler service and verify that the Canon printer is no longer going down.
- Press the Windows key and the R key simultaneously.
- This will open the Run dialogue box; now, in the Run box, type services.msc and press Enter.
- You will be presented with a list of Windows services that are currently active.Continue pressing P until Printer Spooler is highlighted on any service.
- Now, right-click the Printer Spooler and choose Properties from the resulting context menu.
- To make the changes permanent, go to the General tab and click OK under the Service Status heading.
- The Printer Spooler service will be disabled for the time being. Now navigate to and remove the printing jobs.
- To do so, use Window Explorer and go to the following directories: C: >>WINDOWS >>SYSTEM32 >>SPOOL >>PRINTERS
- Now, a pop-up window seeking permission will display on the screen. Continue.
- After creating the folder, close the window and return to the General page.
- Restart the spooler service if necessary. Set the spooler’s startup type to Automatic.
- Now restart your computer and print a test page to verify that the Canon printer offline issue has been repaired.
If none of the above methods work, there is a problem with the driver for your printer. As a result, you must manually reinstall the printer driver after deleting it.
- You may get the Canon setup software directly from the Canon website. After downloading the appropriate drivers and software, the instructions below will walk you through the process of correctly reinstalling Canon printer drivers.
- To launch the Run window, simultaneously press the Windows key and the R key on the keyboard.
- Navigate to Device Manager >> Print Queues at this point (in the submenu). Select Update Driver by right-clicking on the printer hardware.
- Now the box will ask you how you wish to search for the driver.
- To begin, select the option to “Browse my computer for driver software.”
Select the option to install the printer’s drivers and then update as necessary.
- Reboot your machine and check to see whether the error has been repaired.
Restore the Canon wireless printer to its original state.
To reactivate your Canon printer, follow the instructions below:
- The first thing you should do is verify that you have a connection.
- Verify the USB cable and any other cables.
- Ascertain that your Canon printer is properly linked to the internet through a high-speed network.
- Ascertain that your printer is properly linked to the PC.
- Additionally, you may disconnect and reattach your Canon printer to a computer and wifi network.
- Ascertain that there is no paper jam. If yes, carefully resolve it; you may refer to the printer’s handbook for assistance.
- A low-ink cartridge might occasionally cause your printer to shut off.
- Ascertain that your printer is not in sleep mode.
- Select your printer from Devices >> Printers & Scanners.
- Now, right-click the Printer (Windows 7) and choose ‘View what is printed’ >> >> Printer Utilize an online printer.
- (10-bit Windows) To access the Printer Queue, navigate to Printer >> Printer. Utilise an online printer.
- Repeat the previous steps to open the printer settings.
- Now cancel/delete all past printing jobs to bring your Canon printer online.
- Right-click on your printer to choose it.
- Select Uninstall.
- Now navigate to Canon’s setup website for printer drivers and download the drivers.
- Following that, reinstall your printer drivers by following the on-screen directions.