Epson printers are among the most well-known brand on the globe. Their versions are well-known for their high performance as well as reliable print quality. Despite this, each printer or software has its own set of problems. Functional or operational difficulties happen from time to time for causes beyond our understanding. The Epson error code 0X97 might be the most common problem that consumers face with the Epson printing machines. This specific problem is highly inconvenient, and many Epson printer customers have reported it. Thankfully, there is a simple solution to this difficulty, which we’ll explore in the following section. But before that, let’s define what this issue is and what may be causing it.
Why does my Epson printer keep saying error 0x97 printing?
Anyone using their Epson printing machine for a lengthy period of time sometimes encounters the Epson WF-3640 error code 0x97. This sort of error occurs without any notice or notification, and there is no way to avoid it. It jeopardizes the basic functionality of your printing device by interrupting a signal that allows it to switch on and off rapidly. You probably wouldn’t be allowed to use your machine until the issue is resolved properly.
The following is a list of possible causes for the Epson printer being in an error state:
- Configuration issues with printer firmware
When the firmware or files for your Epson printer aren’t really correctly installed. Then it begins giving you Error state problems.
- Printer drivers that have been corrupted
Drivers are a collection of programs that enable your Epson printer device to function and print. If you want your Epson printing machine to work properly, you must upgrade them to the most latest versions on a frequent basis. If you don’t keep your Epson printer drivers fully updated, they will get outdated and cease operating.
- The machine is not getting the electricity it needs.
Maybe your Epson printer machine frequently does not receive adequate or correct power from the source. As a result, it begins to report the printer as being in an error condition.
- Connection issues between the computer and the printer
Epson printer customers may have connectivity issues as a result of poor internet access. For instance, if the printing device is not positioned inside the wireless range of the wi-fi network. Or if any item is obstructing internet signals from receiving the printer, poor wifi networking and error status issues on Epson printers could be the outcome.
What are the common printer models in which this error 0x97 occurs – This is a very common error that can be seen in any Espon printing model.
Methods To Fix Epson Printer 0x97 Status Error
Here are few methods that you can use to resolve this issue –
Method 1 – Print Head Cleaning
An Epson 3620 error 0x97 can occasionally be caused by a dusty and blocked printhead. In case if this is the scenario, the best remedy is to completely tidy the printhead. The procedures for maintaining an Epson printer’s printhead are as follows:
- Step 1 – Disconnect all ink cartridges. Flip the ink cartridges and place them on top of a clear piece of paper or tissue.
- Step 2 – The printhead should then be gently removed from the machine.
- Step 3 – Now use a clean, lint-free fabric dampened in warm water, rub the underside of the printhead gently.
- Step 4 – Continue to clean the nozzles so that no more black ink is visible on the cloth.
- Step 5 – Dip the printhead part for at least 10 minutes in a dish of warm water. Boiling water should not be used.
- Step 6 – While resting, place a clean napkin at the bottom and allow the printhead to sit over it.
- Step 7 – Remove the printhead from the container and clean away any excess moisture with a dry, lint-free towel.
- Step 8 – Now dry the printhead part for some minutes by placing it on a clean towel.
- Step 9 – The printhead should then be reinstalled in the carriage, as well as all of the cartridges should be reinstalled in their appropriate slots.
- Step 10 – Check to see if anything has changed when you switch on your Epson printer.
If this method one does not works then try out method two.
Method 2 – Unplug then re-plug
Whenever an Epson printer encounters fault 0x97, the sign needs the machine to be switched off and then again on once. This procedure involves disconnecting and replugging the power supply. Unplug and re-plug are done as follows:
- Step 1 – Remove all USB as well as cable connections from the printer.
- Step 2 – Clear any stuck papers by opening the printer case.
- Step 3 – Disconnect the printer cartridges then store them somewhere secure.
- Step 4 – As a result, because the machine is turned off, turn on your computer.
- Step 5 – Any leftover power in your device will be released as a result of this action.
- Step 6 – Rejoin all of the printer’s power cables including USB ports.
- Step 7 – After that, switch on your machine.
So it was all about Epson printer error 0X97. Try out the mentioned methods and if it still doesn’t resolve then contact the Epson service center.